Five Reasons to Study Entomology and Nematology at UF
A master’s degree or graduate certificate in entomology can give your resume the competitive edge needed to land advanced career opportunities. While the process of selecting a graduate program can be time-consuming, researching the strengths and weaknesses of an online graduate degree program is essential to your long-term success. Prospective students should be sure to consider factors such as course delivery method, tuition and financial aid, university accreditation, graduate program accolades, and the ability to preview what they will learn in required courses.
For students interested in enrolling in an online program in entomology and nematology, the University of Florida offers four compelling reasons to enroll:
1. Worldwide Distinction: The University of Florida is proud to be home to the number-one-ranked entomology and nematology program in the world as determined by the Center for World University Rankings. Additionally, UF has been recognized as a top school in several categories in the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings.
2. Program Options: With three specializations available within our 30-credit online master’s degree and three 15-credit online graduate certificate options, UF’s Entomology and Nematology Department’s degree programs can cater to both your interests and professional goals. This range of available programs allows us to offer abundant courses in a wide variety of subjects related to entomology and nematology. Program options include:
Master’s Degree Specializations:
If you’d prefer a broader course of study in entomology, UF also offers you the option of completing only the required courses for the entomology master’s degree and completing the remainder of your credit requirement with approved elective courses in entomology and nematology.
3. Course Options: The University of Florida’s Entomology and Nematology department teaches more courses than any other entomology department in the U.S. There are more than 60 courses offered to students each year and there’s a wide variety of courses available each semester, providing something of interest for everyone.
4. Affordable Tuition: Currently, our tuition rate is $524.67 per credit hour, making it the lowest-priced online entomology and nematology program in the country. Based on our current tuition rate, the cost of our master’s degree program is approximately $15,740 and the cost of a graduate certificate is approximately $7,870. All students enrolled in the program will pay the same tuition, regardless of location.
5. Renowned Faculty: Our faculty members are regularly recognized for their outstanding accomplishments. Dr. Andrea Lucky, an assistant professor in our online program, was one of two national recipients of the Early Career Teacher Award in 2019. Awarded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA), this program recognizes outstanding college faculty in agriculture, natural resources, veterinary and human resources. Since the launch of the recognition program in 1992, eighteen faculty members from UF’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Science have received this distinction, more than any other institution.
Choosing the university and online graduate program that are right for you is a major decision, and one that warrants thorough research and examination. If you have additional questions about UF’s online entomology and nematology graduate program, please explore our website or contact Cameron Jack to discuss the program in further detail.
Ready to apply? Our online graduate program accepts students year-round. Get started on your graduate journey and submit your application today!