If you have not attended classes as a certificate student for two consecutive terms or more (excluding summer term), you must submit a new certificate application. Do not complete the Graduate Application for readmission.
Students must apply for readmission if they have previously been admitted to and completed graduate coursework within the following programs and have not enrolled for two consecutive terms, excluding summer terms:
- Master of Science in Entomology and Nematology
- Master of Science in Entomology and Nematology with a concentration in Urban Pest Management
- Master of Science in Entomology and Nematology with a concentration in Landscape Pest Management
- Master of Science in Entomology and Nematology with a concentration in Medical Entomology
- Master of Science in Entomology and Nematology with a concentration in Beekeeping
Students are required to complete their degree within seven years of initial admission to the master’s degree program.
If you are unsure whether you need a readmission application or new application, please contact Student Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to resume coursework, you will need to apply for readmission through the Graduate Application. Readmission is not guaranteed and can only be granted if the student is in good standing.
Note that the section called Application Information within the application is where you select that you are applying for readmission. Using the information detailed below, carefully read and appropriately select information in all sections to correctly apply for readmission.
Students using the State of Florida Employee Education Program (EEP) should email Elena Alyanaya when they create their application. Once admitted to the program, students using EEP will register for their classes with Ms. Alyanaya. For more information about EEP, view our graduate handbook.
- Keep the username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
Submitting the Online Application
- Provide all of the requested Personal Information.
- International Applicants:
- You must enter your Surname and Given name in the Passport Name section even if you do not have a passport.
- If you are a permanent resident alien and/or reside in the United States, you must provide your resident alien number and upload a copy of your permanent resident alien card directly to the application.
- Accurately answer and report all information in the Conduct Disclosure section.
Follow the instructions below to indicate readmission on the application:
- In the Application Type section, select:
- Yes in the dropdown for the question, “Have you ever submitted an application to the University of Florida?”
- Yes in the dropdown for the question, “Have you ever attended the University of Florida?”
- Yes in the dropdown for the question, “Are you applying for readmission to the same graduate degree program in which you previously attended?”
If Yes is not the correct answer to any of these questions, then you should not be applying for readmission. Please contact Ms. Georgette Kluiters at email@example.com if you are unsure if you should be submitting a readmission application.
Program of Study
Follow the instructions below to make the correct selections for the degree you are applying for:
- In the Location dropdown, select Distance Education.
- In the Program of Study section, click or search College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. From the expanded selection, choose: Entomology and Nematology
- Select the Term you wish to be readmitted for and click Save and Confirm Program.
- Fill out the Additional Information section with the following:
- Under Program Specialization, enter your chosen specialization: Urban Pest Management, Landscape Pest Management, or Medical Entomology. If you do not have a chosen specialization, leave this field blank.
- In the Department Contact Name field, type Georgette Kluiters.
- Report your Undergraduate Major.
- Enter all of the colleges or universities you have attended. Accurately report the degree, and degree date, you earned.
- We already have transcripts on file from your previous application, so you do not need to upload documents in this section or send official documents again. However, if you report schools that differ between when you originally applied to our program and what you report during the readmission process, these may need to be officially sent to the University of Florida.
- Report past and/or planned activities in this section, including pertinent work experience.
The following sections do not apply to students applying for readmission:
- Test Score Information
- Additional Questions
- Letters of Recommendation
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the Residency Information section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of the following three identifying documents.
Documents may be directly uploaded to the application:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- The $30 application fee must be paid with the submission of the online application in order for the application to be submitted.