Mandatory Department Application
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in applying to UF’s online entomology and nematology program as a non-degree seeking student.
Complete the UF Non-Degree Application
Please note the following:
- Non-degree applications are due two weeks before classes start
- You will only be registered on the first day of classes
Follow the below instructions:
- Go to this webpage.
- Create an account.
- Continue the application noting the information found below.
When completing and submitting the application, please note:
- Choose the year in which you are interested in attending.
- Choose “(year) Non-degree Application.”
- Click “Open Application” to begin out the application.
- Select Non-Degree Special Program in the Non-degree course request section for the question are you applying to a standard non-degree or to a non-degree special program?
- DO NOT select Individual Course! Doing so will require you to complete a new application.
- Choose College of Agricultural and Life Sciences when asked to select the college that provides a special program.
- Please provide the reason you are applying as a non-degree student. (For example: to begin taking courses before being formally admitted, requirement for work, etc.).
- When asked to select the special program you are applying to, select the option that applies to you:
- Entomology Distance—for applicants who would like to enroll in a graduate course
- Entomology Undergrad Distance Courses—for applicants who would like to enroll in an undergraduate course
- Course information must be entered on the application, but is not required for our program. Please enter n/a in the first prefix and number (both) fields.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the “Residency Information” section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of these three identifying documents:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- Add @ufl.edu to your ‘safe list’ on your email account. If you receive any emails from our office or the Office of the University Registrar regarding your application, you must respond.
- Students using the State of Florida Employee Education Program (EEP) should email Elena Alyanaya when they create their application. Once admitted to the program, students using EEP will register for their classes with Ms. Alyanaya. For more information about EEP, view our graduate handbook.
The English Language Skill Requirement
If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council-approved English language skills test scores.
Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School’s list of English-speaking countries.
Having the TOEFL or English Language Test sent to the University of Florida
All applicants must have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send their official TOEFL test scores directly to the UF Office of Admissions at code 5812. No department code should be selected.
Only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS, are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents.
Minimum TOEFL Scores Required
To be considered as a non-degree seeking student, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
|TOEFL Exam Type||Required Score|
Register for Classes
We will begin processing non-degree applications once registration opens for that semester. Please check our critical dates here: Critical Dates. If approved, we will email you with instructions on how to submit a registration request.